Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Due for a loss, but why in front of an audience

Usually when someone has a person sitting (not standing) behind them watching their every hand I make some retarded remark like "Where's my fan club?" or something of that nature. Anyway, today I had my personal fan club. A friend of mine had her day off work and for some reason wanted to watch me play poker. Her only knowledge of poker is from playing for fun and no money with her friends and what she sees on TV. I think she expected this dimly lit room with heavy tension and all that nonsense that you see at the feature table at the WSOP. At least the chicken soft tacos didn't disappoint.

So after grabbing lunch and finishing up the tacos I get seated and immediately begin firing away with some actionable hands I can't remember and manage to float around my original buyin of 800 maybe going up and down 1 stack. And then the sinker hits. New 50sish white male gets seated to my left and immediately posts in MP (sign of looseness).

I pickup 88 and raise, he calls, as does BB who is a big donater of chips from what I've seen from him in the past.

And then I take this super weak line which I'm not so sure was correct...
Flop Q66, check I bet new guy calls BB calls,
Turn K, BB checks, I check planning to call BB's likely river bluff and fold to new guy (looks pretty passive so bet means K), new guy checks
River 5, bb checks, I check, new guy bets, bb folds, I call

55 is good.

Later I get a 3-bet preflop and cap flop on a Ten high board and lose against TT, with one guy in the middle w/ JJ and I have AA, and eventually, 1.5 hours into the session, I lose it all except 2 5$ chips and 4 1$ chips. I guess I was due, and am still due for more losses as I'm running way above a normal attainable rate thus far for 20/40. But I like to stay positive and just play smart and expect to win in the long run, however long this run may be.

Movie hopped Slumdog Millionaire and Marley and Me, liked Slumdog didn't like Marley (and its not because I don't like romantic comedies and I have 2 dogs)

Dan Low

No comments:

Post a Comment