Saturday, January 10, 2009

The First Entry

I'm assuming anyone who is reading this already knows at least who I am. But, just in case... My name is Daniel Low, I'm currently a student at SJSU, and I've been playing poker semi-seriously ever since I turned 21 and could play live. Recreationally I played a lot since high-school.

Since August 10th 2007, I've been recording all my live sessions at both Bay101 and Garden City playing mostly 8/16. I made a pretty solid 25$/hr over about 350 hours or so. Starting Dec. 30th I made 20/40 my new game of choice and have run pretty hot since. I don't expect to run as well I am, but I do expect myself to be a winning player at 20/40.

I've been thinking about starting some kind of blog to let whoever cares about my poker endeavors know about how I'm doing and whether I'm a lifetime loser or what not. Part of this is also to make sure I'm not fooling myself and those around me about being a long-term winner at poker.


Another reason for this blog is to just get how I feel about my sessions on paper as it may or may not help in reducing the anger I have when I lose (Specially when I literally didn't win a single hand before I left). I was going to do this blog earlier, but I felt it would be better to start it after I took a significant loss.

Currently I have a one rule I set myself for when I play.
Stop loss = 800$ aka I cannot lose more than 800$ in one session.

Anyway, on to the session...

So I was planning to still be playing at the time that I'm writing this, but it got cut short because I sat at a pretty juicy table for 1 hour and didn't win a single hand netting me a 795$ loss (I decided to just leave with my last yellow chip). I did play one hand terribadly where I called against two players, both a turn and river obvious value bet with a Q9 on a TJQK board from the BB. Other than that it was pretty much folding or raising preflop and mucking on flop/turn or missing draws etc. I'd post more hands if I had anything interesting hands to post but I don't.

Dan Low





No comments:

Post a Comment